The PvE "Sidekick" Shadow Priest build
Quote:I think your build looks solid. If you are planning on dpsing more often than healing, especially in a raid, I think you'll be fine. Where I think you might struggle would be solo healing a long fight (heroics, for example). I'm sure it's do-able, it will just be a bit tougher.

There is no question that for heroics that I will definitely notice the difference. Every time I heal I will notice it. I'll be seeing whether the loss of healing capability will be worse than feeling like a waste of a raid slot in 25 man raids.

A healing priest is excellent for heroics. But he's the least useful in a 25 man raid of all the healing specs. Resto shammies also have some struggles when compared to healing with paladins, but their buffs are fantastic, especially when keeping them up is a priority for the shaman. Don't forget that we keep gearing up, and they keep nerfing heroics. Soon they will not be much more difficult than a regular five man at this rate. Some of them already I bet I could heal as shadow/holy without help.

It just takes one healing priest to offer the raid divine spirit.

I agree with your comments about the priest class. I really would prefer to be a true healer. But it's far easier to gear (and play) as a paladin, plus they stack at least up to three. Healing priests don't stack. Shadow priests do, at least up to two and often 3.

Quote:It's interesting that you're looking at this build. I've seen a drastic decrease in the viability of healbot priests since TBC so far. I often wonder if I'd serve the guild better as a mana battery myself.

I think there's probably a place for healbot priests...I'm just not sure where.

Well as I said I still think the healbot priest is excellent in a heroic. But in 25 man raids? Optimally, just bring one. And soon that's going to be you:lol:

I'm told there is more AoE healing needed in SSC and beyond. I guess we'll see. Personally, that means more shaman healers and druid healers unless the fight is in a static position. Those just don't seem to be that common so I'm not holding my breath.

Anyone who is raiding much further than our casual Terenas lurkers care to comment on that?

Messages In This Thread
The PvE "Sidekick" Shadow Priest build - by Bolty - 08-16-2007, 04:11 PM
The PvE "Sidekick" Shadow Priest build - by Bolty - 08-16-2007, 04:56 PM
The PvE "Sidekick" Shadow Priest build - by Xame - 08-16-2007, 05:21 PM
The PvE "Sidekick" Shadow Priest build - by Kevin - 08-16-2007, 05:23 PM
The PvE "Sidekick" Shadow Priest build - by Lissa - 08-17-2007, 06:00 AM
The PvE "Sidekick" Shadow Priest build - by q4m - 08-17-2007, 04:22 PM
The PvE "Sidekick" Shadow Priest build - by vor_lord - 08-17-2007, 05:18 PM
The PvE "Sidekick" Shadow Priest build - by Frag - 08-17-2007, 05:48 PM
The PvE "Sidekick" Shadow Priest build - by q4m - 08-17-2007, 07:59 PM
The PvE "Sidekick" Shadow Priest build - by Tal - 08-17-2007, 08:02 PM
The PvE "Sidekick" Shadow Priest build - by Bolty - 08-17-2007, 11:36 PM