So Bolty, when are the Diablo 3 Forums going up?
I usually don't look to put forums for a game up until near beta, mostly because until then it's all hype and speculation without any kind of hard information. That said, I fully expect we'll cover D3 here at the Lounge - after all, it looks like its gameplay will continue in the Diablo tradition and it's what the site was founded on. (Don't reply with the "but Diablo2 is nothing like Diablo1" comments, I know, I know.)

That said, it's a similar situation to WoW - I just don't have the time/energy to run the site content-wise for Diablo3, but I also want the site to be more than just a forum. That means I'd be looking for someone to cover Diablo III strategy news, point out good strategy guides, maybe even run a strat section here and just generally be all hardcore like that. Someone to drive the Lounge's D3 section and run its forums as well (if they wanted to). All the stuff I did for the original Diablo and Diablo II back when free time was easy to spend.

The age of the private hobby-driven gaming website is over, at least when it comes to Blizzard titles. It's all gone commercial now, with megasites run by companies for profit. Yet, it's still possible for smaller sites to get that niche, like the Lounge used to with its hardcore D2 strat and game mechanics, and Elitist Jerks has now for hardcore WoW strat and game mechanics. It would be great to get that back again and be the niche D3 site. Know what I mean? Let's get Slashdotted! :)

To Deebye, sorry, everyone I knew at Blizzard is long gone. I had ins with the Blizzard North crew, and they've long since dissolved into other companies - even more so with the failure of Flagship Studios spreading everyone out far and wide. Maybe I shouldn't admit this, so I can get favors and special attention come beta time. Yeah, that's the ticket! I will call Morheim's private number that I have written down here, his special Bolty-Phone™ that I can tweak his ear with.

Last week I had someone email me out of the blue thanking me for a great Warrior guide I wrote. For Diablo 1. Written like 10 years ago. Yes, people still come here for D1 and D2 strategy, and Jarulf's Guide is still regularly downloaded. What a legacy the Diablo games have. Let's continue it here, m'kay?

So let's open up talk about this.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.

Messages In This Thread
So Bolty, when are the Diablo 3 Forums going up? - by Bolty - 12-09-2008, 01:38 PM