BlizzCon: New content playable on Friday
Quote:On a wild tangent, am I the only one that thinks Zul'aman is the most ridiculous idea they've come up with so far? That it's a raid instance featuring trolls isn't what I mean (hey, Zul'gurub rocked); I mean that it's a raid instance for both factions located inside a Horde zone. This won't really impact people leveling in Ghostlands very much unless the Allies decide to camp Tranquillien while waiting on the rest of their raid (and that will happen), but I know that I'll be setting up a tent city at the EPL portal, ganking and camping Allies porting in.

Let's take a look at how your camping plan scales. Here are the factors:

1. Optimistically, you're looking at peak numbers of 40 raids (or less) in a night for ZA.
2. ZA has a Summoning Stone: Only two people per Alliance raid will come through the portal.
3. It's a PvP server: Druids, rogues, and mages will come through stealthed/invisible.
4. It's a PvP server: Half of your potential opponents will be expecting a fight.

In addition to the above, I've assumed even distributions:
40 *2 = 80 total alliance at the peak
80 *66% = 53 Alliance you can see
53 *50% = 27 Alliance not prepared for you

So you'll have the opportunity to gank-and-camp 6.7% of the total Alliance raiders headed to Zul'Aman. And they'll come through the portal over a 3-4 hour time period.

As an Alliance player on a PvP server, I endorse your plan! :shuriken:

Messages In This Thread
BlizzCon: New content playable on Friday - by Monkey - 07-31-2007, 05:31 PM
BlizzCon: New content playable on Friday - by q4m - 08-01-2007, 09:39 PM
BlizzCon: New content playable on Friday - by q4m - 08-06-2007, 11:48 PM
BlizzCon: New content playable on Friday - by Tal - 08-09-2007, 03:02 AM