To be a Tree: The Evolution of [Druid] Healing
Quote:People get carried away with theorycraft, sometimes. I don't think Druids suck at healing, but this guy's post is a bit over the top. The Druid's strength in healing is that their HoTs dominate. But HoTs just aren't as applicable in raids as direct heals. Not saying they're useless, just less applicable. For example, HoTs rule during the Gruul encounter after shatters - just run around HoTing people who have been hurt by Shatter and you can do a ton of healing very fast. But HoTs during Maulgar? Uh, no.

I think the extreme case is the least interesting part of the post - what is much more interesting is that you can trinket and triple stack Lifebloom and it retains its heightened value

Lifebloom is 220 mana, 176 in treeform. If you cast it once every 6 seconds just to keep the stack refreshed that's a respectable sum of healing for 146.66 mana per 5 seconds. With reasonably decent mana regen gear you can keep that up forever

I think it's interesting for all Druid healers after level 64 not just those entering the high raid content. I certainly hadn't appreciated this. I did find my Druid, when Resto, kept up a very very good pace in 5 mans, comparable with a Pally with Shadow Priest support. Sometimes a burst might mean disaster but I almost never oom-ed or slowed up a fast group for mana. With triple stacked trinketed Lifebloom on the tank, enough regen to keep it infinite and well-disciplined dps who almost never need heals and you simply would not stop and could chain pull constantly (more theorycraft, sorry!)

As for direct heals I simply don't agree, as I posted above in answer to another poster. 3 direct healers and a hot-er on a tank makes a more survivable tank imho than 4 direct healers. You of all people Bolty (remembering your superb parody of healing meter chasers) can see what I'm saying here - it's all about what works to keep the tank up and everything else is fluff

Messages In This Thread
To be a Tree: The Evolution of [Druid] Healing - by Brista - 06-24-2007, 01:15 AM