To be a Tree: The Evolution of [Druid] Healing
Quote:People get carried away with theorycraft, sometimes. I don't think Druids suck at healing, but this guy's post is a bit over the top. The Druid's strength in healing is that their HoTs dominate. But HoTs just aren't as applicable in raids as direct heals. Not saying they're useless, just less applicable. For example, HoTs rule during the Gruul encounter after shatters - just run around HoTing people who have been hurt by Shatter and you can do a ton of healing very fast. But HoTs during Maulgar? Uh, no.

-Bolty
Uh huh... I replaced an (out of town) Keldor for Keepers' first kill of Maulgar on my wifes' treedruid. By the time the adds were dead, there were two priests, Tori, a resto shammie and a spriest alive. By 15% it was down to myself, the now completely Oom resto Shammie and the spriest. It was scary as hell for me (and I'm sure for Cheepers as well :D) but I effectively solo healed the MT from ~14%ish to dead in treeform, and it was a fairly slow kill as nigh on 25ish people were dead.

When healing *just* the MT you can go: Regrowth (21), Rejuv (12 / 15-set bonus), Lifebloom (7s) and usually take 2 tics of spirit regen (5+4) before you need to insert something to catch back up on a hard hitter, or up to 4 tics (5+8) if you're just having to maintain what's there. At 600ish raidbuffed spirit, you can most definately last a long time doing that.

That's my experience anyway, Tori most likely has something more to add. :wub:

Cheers,
~Frag B)
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.

Messages In This Thread
To be a Tree: The Evolution of [Druid] Healing - by Frag - 06-22-2007, 04:13 PM