Michael Moore's "Sicko" is hot internet news
Quote:Well, first, I'd guess more people world wide see a Moore film than pay attention to any given politician. Also, everone with more than two neurons pretty well accepts that politicians lie whenever their mouth is open.
And that's a far bigger problem than Moore. I should have tried harder to make my point.

Elaboration:
1. Micheal Moore is a filmmaker and should present facts in his documentaries. He fails to do so.
2. Politicians (supposedly) work for the greater good of the communities they were elected to run. Nobody pays attention to them and they lie whenever their mouth is open.
(simplification)

Now, we should be more bothered about Moore than the politicians?

Quote:Documentaries, on the other had, are supposed to have some slim basis in truth.

I thought the same thing about politics, naive mountain-dweller that I am:o

Quote:"I'd have to agree that Mr. Moore is quite unscrupulous in editing his films."

--Pete

Thanks, my written English lags behind my oral skills, oddly enough. Help is always appreciated:)

For the record, I'm pretty sure I have more than two neurons, if that was a jab at me.

take care
Tarabulus

"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.

Messages In This Thread
Michael Moore's "Sicko" is hot internet news - by NuurAbSaal - 06-21-2007, 01:17 PM