Michael Moore's "Sicko" is hot internet news
Quote:A red letter day. Jester, eppie and I appear to agree on something.
Welllll....:)

No I reacted on your "I can't see how liberals can support burning food (corn) for fuel (ethanol)" because I found it a bit misplaced ironic.

I am a vegetarian for idealistic reasons, I support eating soy bean protein (made in to burger or steak form), but when I hear that in brazil they are cutting down the rainforrest to grow soy I fo course cannot agree with that. Luckily the products I eat have certificates that they don't use this kind of soy. (probably the soy grown in brazil is used for cattle food).

What I am trying to say is that we try to do our best to lessen the impact we have on the world. Sometimes things are wrong anyway. E.g. the fact that apparantly meat that is produced in new Zealand has less of an impact on the environment than meat produced in western europe and of course this is including the trasnportation costs and fuel use, meaning that using locally produced food is not always best. These things are than subsequently used by the right wing media to "show" that people that care about the environment are actually very bad people.................while of course the only right conclusion you can get from this fact is that it is time to start producing more environmentally friendly ourselves.....instead of oversubsidizing farmers to enable them to make a living of commercially not viable production methods.

....I forgot was this thread was about......

Messages In This Thread
Michael Moore's "Sicko" is hot internet news - by eppie - 06-21-2007, 09:16 AM