Michael Moore's "Sicko" is hot internet news
Quote:... but the real issue behind infant mortality is that while it is the poor that need healthcare the most in the US the vast majority of health spending is on the rich.
Some facts on US Health Care... NCHC -- Facts on the Cost of Health Care If you classify the elderly as the richest group, which by reason of age and investment they very well may be, then I might agree that the elderly (wealthy) consume the most health care. Can you show the study where you can support that the bulk of the 2.5 trillion dollars of health care consumed by the US was by the wealthy? I would add inversely then, can you show that per mother prenatal care suffered under the US system compared to other countries?

Here is an interesting article; U.S. Health Care Spending In An International Context

Quote:Oh, and at my daughter's London elementary school there were a total of 79 first languages other than English amongst the pupils : )
Ah, then you understand the struggle.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Michael Moore's "Sicko" is hot internet news - by kandrathe - 06-19-2007, 12:41 AM