Michael Moore's "Sicko" is hot internet news
Quote: I gave his previous 2 flicks the benefit of the doubt, but he lost a lot of credibility with me in 'Bowling' when he also blamed Walmart for selling the bullets, and the company is therefore just as responsible as the 2 perpetrators who actually pulled the trigger. As well, I really find it bizarre the way he painted (iirc) Toronto Canada like it's some sort of utopian, gun safe city where everyone knows your name, and they're always glad you came. And no one locks their doors at night. I don't know which specific part of town he visited, but I get the feeling like it's very likely only exists in the editing room.

O really?? Well I'm an ignorant dutch moron, slightly mentally handicapped and I really thought nobody in Toronto locks their doors, because as an ignorant moron everything I see on TV is true for me, and doesn't make me think a single bit.

These comments on Moore's work were stated here by others in threads about bowling or 911. IT IS A DOCUMENTARY for gods sake, if you are not agreeing with him? Fine, say so, but don't come up again with this blaming Moore for doing some nice cutting and pasting. I mean I guess instead of watching the movie you will now read some 800 page report on the matter right?

The whole difference with Moore and state propaganda is that Moore hopes to change something while state propaganda tries to keep people quiet.
So 90% of people don't have problems with being lied to by the Bush government but they start jumping when Moore makes a movie. Again fine with me, but than just be honest and say that you don't like the conclusions he makes in his movies.

And think about this, whether you like it or not, we live in a society and are influenced by our society. It is very easy to think that e.g. those two columbine shooters were Antichrists on the place to fight against good people......but that will absolutely not solve anything. I for sure didn't 'get' from Moore's movie that Walmart was responsible...maybe you just wanted to think that was what Moore wanted to tell you......the truth my friend is much deeper and not so easy to understand....and that is why you watch a documentary...and afterwards make up your own mind.
And if somebody is not able to make up his own mind after some stupid documentary, he will for sure not be with respect to other more important things in his own live.

Messages In This Thread
Michael Moore's "Sicko" is hot internet news - by eppie - 06-17-2007, 11:20 AM