My Holiday Adventure
On Monday then, the drive from Wichita to Dallas was long, and most of the way through Oklahoma I was thinking; "This is a sea of grass, and we are like a speed boat through a sea of grass...". We stopped in Garland for some bowling as planned. It was nice to get out and stretch for a few hours after 1/2 a day in the car. We drove the remainder and arrived as planned around 10pm at my sisters house in Friendswood.

Family stuff for a few days, including sailing from Kima up and down the coast a bit.

We left the Houston area last Saturday, and drove up through Marshall, TX. We stopped at Marshall pottery, an American institution since 1895. But, no longer. Now its a glorified lawn and garden center with the distinction of making most of their own flower pots. About 2/3rds of the pottery center is shut down. After talking with some of the staff, it appears that they also were unable to compete with cheaper prices from China. So, rather than tarry we continued on to Paris, Arkansas where my mom lives and we spent two nights. The highlights from yesterday were that I watched the Vikings beat the NY Giants and win their division on a 50 yard field goal with 5 seconds on the clock, then watched Dallas get the snot stomped out of them by the Philadelphia Eagles. This morning we Arkansas at 9am and pretty much drove on through to home. I had planned on a stop Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art in KC, however like most places, this museum is closed to the public on Monday (and Tuesday as well). My mom's still on a dial up connection, so browsing for alternatives in KC would be akin to driving pins through my eyeballs.

Glad to be home.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
My Holiday Adventure - by kandrathe - 12-21-2008, 02:57 PM
My Holiday Adventure - by kandrathe - 12-22-2008, 05:19 AM
My Holiday Adventure - by Tal - 12-22-2008, 01:49 PM
My Holiday Adventure - by Kevin - 12-22-2008, 03:01 PM
My Holiday Adventure - by Pesmerga - 12-22-2008, 03:22 PM
My Holiday Adventure - by kandrathe - 12-30-2008, 05:10 AM
My Holiday Adventure - by Sabra - 12-31-2008, 09:58 AM