Do Shamans have a place in end game content?
Quote:Actually this is something that both myself and my guild lead have been wondering - we were randomly lurking the guild recruitment forums, and it seems quite a few raid teams are looking *specifically* for ret pallies. Is there some sort of gimmick fight that necessitates ret pallies? Because they don't seem to bring enough synergy to the table to be worth bringing, when as oldmandennis said the slots are already valuable with only 25 available.

If your guild has excellent DPS, tanking and healing, but no pallies at all, then a ret pally brings a lot to a raid just in Blessings. It may be worth it to ask specifically for ret just to get people who are more dedicated because they actually found a guild that will support being ret, or perhaps even more far reaching in that they can get people willing to transfer servers just to be in their guild. It's always good to have not just raiders, but dedicated raiders... perhaps this is an attempt to get people who are more dedicated than Joe Average applicant.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.

Messages In This Thread
Do Shamans have a place in end game content? - by Concillian - 05-09-2007, 11:24 PM