Ever run into something on the internet that weirds you out?
Quote:you know, the last board admin confronting me with such a message was indeed faced by about 3000 emptied postings of my authorship few days later ;-)
I can't imagine a board admin being that shortsighted. Claiming that you legally own every post on a board is insanely dangerous for any admin, because it means that the admins are now responsible for the board's content. This opens them up to lawsuits. Deleting 3000 of your posts? The moron deserved it.

There's a reason why any company or corporate forum has lots of disclaimers saying that they're not responsible for the content posted there. It's so if some idiot poster puts something up that's illegal (like death threats or whatever), and an admin doesn't remove it, the admin's not legally responsible for its repercussions. For instance, all the spammers we've had here over the past year - if you downloaded a virus off of one of their links and it thrashed your computer, you could try to hold me legally responsible, since I own the content, right? Ouch, no thanks.

So trust me, I was joking about the legal ownership thing. :) In fact, check out the "legal" area of the main site and you'll see that I consider all authors legally responsible for the content hosted and the posts they make. Muhahahaha.

Except Deebye. He's not responsible for anything, cause he's weird like that and posts funny pictures and things.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.

Messages In This Thread
Ever run into something on the internet that weirds you out? - by Bolty - 04-30-2007, 05:04 PM