Weapon Skill Blue Post
Quote:Trying to put this as nice as I can, all observations I've seen have basically said Crezax is full of it.

For a equal level mob, nothing besides glancing blows has changed since 1.0. That is, for melee, 1 weapon skill = +0.04% Crit, -0.04% Miss/Dodge/Parry/Block. For specials, hit scales differently (because glancing blows don't exist for specials) so it's -0.24% miss per point. For a +3 mob, the best results I've seen so far are showing an additional +0.1% crit per weapon skill.

With +4 weapon skill, that would mean melee has a +0.88% increase (unless the mob blocks, and DPS lost to blocks is hard to measure) and specials have a +1.44% increase because you shouldn't be attacking from the front to begin with.

His parry numbers are off, his decimals are off, and people shouldn't be experiencing parry anyway. Barring some definitive data saying otherwise, his miss numbers are most likely off too.

I don't know how definitive the data is, but there are studies going on about the +hit gained from +weapon skill in the Elitist Jerks Rogue DPS Spreadsheet thread. The findings, as I understand them, seem to be that +1 weapon skill against a level 70 mob is giving 0.1% hit which goes against the 0.04% hit thinking. There still seems to be doubt that the blue post is accurate, but it seems the 0.04% thinking is also not accurate. Here is a link to the thread around where the discussions and data sets are. You may have to go forward or back a page or two. I didn't narrow it down to the exact start, but it gives a place to start looking. Anyway, I'm not entirely sure if any final conclusions have been made, but this seems to be where testing is going on about the matter.

Messages In This Thread
Weapon Skill Blue Post - by Frag - 04-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Weapon Skill Blue Post - by Quark - 04-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Weapon Skill Blue Post - by vor_lord - 04-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Weapon Skill Blue Post - by vor_lord - 04-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Weapon Skill Blue Post - by Zarathustra - 04-07-2007, 11:59 PM
Weapon Skill Blue Post - by swirly - 04-08-2007, 12:42 AM