Vanguard Open Beta
Quote:I still haven't formed an opinion about VG but so far I am not impressed with the game or the people playing it. I do know, however, that the Burning Crusade does not appeal to me. I was watching my friend play it and kept hearing him say that after years of raiding to get decent gear common green drops in BC are as good as or better than what he has. Trivializing the efforts of dedicated players in the original game is, imo, rude and demeaning (people who raided because there was nothing else to do got a big slap in the face; those who quit paying and playing got a good laugh :whistling:).

From what I've seen of the expansion it looks like more of the SOS. Old instances have been nerfed so much that they are a walk in the park. New instances are not challenging...they are just a means to an all too quick end. There are already people capped out at L70 and on a PVP server that could create some severe imbalance issues.

I am hoping VG will live up to their promise after they get the funding they need by releasing early. If not, then it will just be another game I won't play.

Xi, there is little difference between this and what happened when the X-pack to D2 came out. All the gear that ppl collected in the pre-X-pack D2 became absolete immediately upon it's release. Same here. The only difference is that the X-pack came out 1 year after the release of D2, and the BC came out 2 years after.

Blizzard sees no reason to support players who do not buy their expansions. It's good business.

-A

ps. Sorry VG did not work out. I know you were looking forward to it.

Messages In This Thread
Vanguard Open Beta - by Xiuhcoatl - 01-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Vanguard Open Beta - by Selby - 01-19-2007, 12:45 AM
Vanguard Open Beta - by DeeBye - 01-19-2007, 05:27 AM
Vanguard Open Beta - by Selby - 01-19-2007, 06:26 AM
Vanguard Open Beta - by SwissMercenary - 01-19-2007, 07:09 AM
Vanguard Open Beta - by ima_nerd - 01-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Vanguard Open Beta - by Xiuhcoatl - 01-20-2007, 02:19 PM
Vanguard Open Beta - by ima_nerd - 01-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Vanguard Open Beta - by Ashock - 01-22-2007, 03:51 PM
Vanguard Open Beta - by Xiuhcoatl - 01-22-2007, 07:39 PM