Exodar Grind
Just posting the information and updates here to clue others in who may want to grind this. If anyone would like to reply with the Horde counterpart to this writeup/guide, I'd appreciate it.

Exodar Quest Locations
Swamp of Sorrows - The Harborage
Hillsbrad Foothills - South Shore Inn
The Hinterlands - In front of the Aerie Peak Bunker
Western Plaguelands - Chillwind Point
Ashenvale - Forest Song, and one chain that starts with a random drop off an Infernal at Felfire Hill.

In total, those quests will net you around 2500 rep with Exodar.

AV Turnins
Armor Scraps x20: 2.5 rep
Horde Medals (any rank): 2.5 rep
Storm Crystal x1: 2.5 rep
Storm Crystal x5: 18.75 rep (3.75 each)
Frostwolf Hides: 2.5 rep
Rams: 2.5 rep

My Method in AV (Alliance)

Join the first rush out towards Stonehearth, branching off to join the defenders that are hitting the Horde as they approach. Kills are not the priority, nor is damage. Your top priority is carving out an area where it's safe to loot Horde players. You want as many of their drops as you can get your grubby hands on. With a strong defense, it's not uncommon to see the Horde offense taken apart, giving you ample time to scavage the battlefield. Shift-looting is your friend.

Guage the speed of the offense and plan accordingly. You don't want to be caught holding a ton of items to turn in when Drek goes down. When you see the Frostwolf Towers assaulted, head back to Dun Baldar and turn everything in. Additionally, when you get around 100 Storm Crystals you should head back.

I mention the Storm Crystals because they're a hot turnin. If anyone else is turning them in, the Druids could be activated before you have a chance to gain any faction from the turnins. 100 Storm Crystals will net you 20 turnins, or 375 rep.

Priorities for Turnins:
1. Storm Crystals
2. Horde Medals
3. Armor Scraps

The armor scraps can wait, because no one can effectively "beat you to the punch" on them. The Storm Crystals and Medals, though, can only be turned in so many times per AV. After that, the NPC will no longer accept them.

After you've turned in all your items, head back out and join the fight again. At this point you're on bonus time, and should be wary of the game ending soon. If you've got extra goods to turn in, don't be afraid to trinket back to Dun Baldar. Those drops don't do you any good in your backpack.

You can easily hit 500 rep a game by doing this, with good games (meaning those that end up being dragged out) landing you about a thousand. The total combined rep for the Storm Crystals, medals, and armor scraps can definitely add up. I'd say the other objectives really aren't worth it. It takes far longer to carry supplies from the mine, capture a ram, or gather a wolf hide than it does to down a Horde player and gain 20 armor scraps.

I'm currently sitting at 9537/12000 towards Revered on my Druid. Friday night should be Revered, and after that the LONG grind to Exalted. My goal is Exalted before the expansion for his Elekk, allowing me to use the 700some stacks of Runecloth I have hoarded on my alts, getting them mounts with other factions.

Yes, I know. I could just get my PvP medals and pick up a black Elekk when the expansion hits. But what's the fun in that?
See you in Town,
-Z

Messages In This Thread
Exodar Grind - by Zarathustra - 12-14-2006, 06:36 AM
Exodar Grind - by nobbie - 12-14-2006, 04:54 PM
Exodar Grind - by redinter - 12-14-2006, 05:25 PM
Exodar Grind - by oldmandennis - 12-14-2006, 06:32 PM
Exodar Grind - by Artega - 12-14-2006, 10:00 PM
Exodar Grind - by Zarathustra - 12-15-2006, 12:02 AM
Exodar Grind - by Zarathustra - 12-17-2006, 02:31 AM
Exodar Grind - by Ynir - 12-19-2006, 04:46 AM
Exodar Grind - by Zarathustra - 12-20-2006, 02:01 AM