I just bought some games on the cheap
Quote:Doom 3 is a decent tech demo, but as a game it's very bland (and pointlessly dark) once you start shooting stuff.

I haven't yet touched any of the other games other than Doom 3. I usually hate first person shooters, but I'm enjoying Doom 3. I think I'm about 3/4ths of the way through. The graphics and visual effects are really sucking me in. My favourite weapon is the shotgun, because allowing enemies to get up close and in my face makes for a nasty shotgun blast, and gives me a great view of them.

I agree on the overly dark assessment, but I sought out a flashlight mod to add the ability to use the flashlight and a weapon at the same time. The blandness of the gameplay suits me just fine, because one of the reasons I usually hate FPSes is due to overly complex key-hunting puzzles. Doom 3 is straightforward and linear. The storyline is just enough to keep me interested.

I went back to the store I bought this current batch of games and saw Painkiller on sale for $5, so I picked that one up too. This is also a FPS, but the graphics look pretty.

edit: This screenshot of Doom 3 makes me giggle.

Messages In This Thread
I just bought some games on the cheap - by DeeBye - 11-11-2006, 01:46 AM
I just bought some games on the cheap - by Zippyy - 11-11-2006, 02:34 AM
I just bought some games on the cheap - by DeeBye - 11-11-2006, 02:54 AM
I just bought some games on the cheap - by Zippyy - 11-11-2006, 03:05 AM
I just bought some games on the cheap - by DeeBye - 11-13-2006, 05:05 AM
I just bought some games on the cheap - by Munkay - 11-13-2006, 04:22 PM
I just bought some games on the cheap - by Taem - 11-13-2006, 11:47 PM