I just bought some games on the cheap
Quote:I was in a store and saw some PC games marked 75% off, so I bought a few of them. I paid about $12.50 each for Doom 3, The Godfather, and Heroes V (plus a few $5 Bob the Builder PC games for my son). I almost picked up Black and White 2, but I had reservations after playing the original. I haven't played any of them yet, although I did install Doom 3 already just to see how pretty it really is.

Are these games decent? I haven't opened The Godfather or Heroes V yet. I heard that The Godfather is best played with a gamepad which I don't own, and Heroes V is made by Ubisoft and I want no part of their Starforce copy-protection scheme. I'm considering just reselling them on eBay or something. The Godfather doesn't look like it's worth much more than I bought it for, but Heroes V is still going for $45 on amazon.com.

Oops, I forgot that I also picked up Tomb Raider: Legend. Is this also something I'll want a gamepad for?
I've heard that Godfather is pretty decent, if it's the game my friend told me about. You need to work your way up the family tree by making good crime lord decisions, and whacking any wise guys who gets in yer way.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
I just bought some games on the cheap - by DeeBye - 11-11-2006, 01:46 AM
I just bought some games on the cheap - by Zippyy - 11-11-2006, 02:34 AM
I just bought some games on the cheap - by DeeBye - 11-11-2006, 02:54 AM
I just bought some games on the cheap - by Zippyy - 11-11-2006, 03:05 AM
I just bought some games on the cheap - by kandrathe - 11-11-2006, 04:29 AM
I just bought some games on the cheap - by DeeBye - 11-13-2006, 05:05 AM
I just bought some games on the cheap - by Munkay - 11-13-2006, 04:22 PM
I just bought some games on the cheap - by Taem - 11-13-2006, 11:47 PM