PVP hours
I think those numbers include the time NOT spent PvPing. Just look at rank 1 - it's listed as requiring 10 hours - and we all know thats baloney. For the same reason, rank 14 is still listed as requiring less time than rank 13, but a bit more than rank 12. Basically, he took the total time played in a week by a person, and declared that as the time needed to maintain a certain rank. Most PvPers do not spend all their time trying to gain rank - a lot of them still participate in raids, farming, and other activities. The author has no way of knowing how much time they spend exactly on PvP, so he just had to take the total time played during a week.

Quote:In the same way that we could approximate the number of hours played it is necessary to get from one level to the next, we could also approximate how many hours of play per week it takes to advance from one PvP rank to the next. We tabulated the average number of hours played for characters in each PvP rank. Of course, the numbers derived do not correspond directly to the time it takes to reach the next PvP rank, but they are indicative of the time invested as players are at higher and higher PvP ranks. The following is the graph we got from that analysis.

Interesting graph, but it's way misleading. Now, don't take that as a sign of me thinking that the current system is fine - I think it's horrible, and hopefully the token system will be better... It's just annoying when people try to blow things out of proportion.

Messages In This Thread
PVP hours - by Warlock - 10-26-2006, 08:23 PM
PVP hours - by Ashock - 10-26-2006, 08:56 PM
PVP hours - by Icebird - 10-26-2006, 09:49 PM
PVP hours - by lemekim - 10-27-2006, 01:59 PM
PVP hours - by Warlock - 10-27-2006, 08:55 PM
PVP hours - by Jester - 10-28-2006, 09:41 PM
PVP hours - by NiteFox - 10-29-2006, 09:49 PM
PVP hours - by Warlock - 10-30-2006, 05:21 AM