I started playing on the realms...
WarBlade,May 24 2003, 12:28 PM Wrote:In what? Sure.

10 minutes. I spent 10 minutes on a BattleNet Realm and saw somewhere in the ballpark of 10 dupes lying on the ground, while I wondered why my real life aquaintance was so ready and willing to give up SoJs and an Eye of Etlich . . .

-snip-

It's kind of silly comparing it to a BattleNet Realm though . . . It's like comparing a cat with a pencil - They're entirely different. :lol:

Anyway what's the point of passwording games unless you already know other players who you can share the password with. You'll be playing alone otherwise and without friends you may as well stick to Open on you PC at home maintaining a far better playing experience. :P
10 minutes? Whoa, you ARE unlucky. During 2 YEARS of active playing, I have yet to see such a public game. :blink: But, as I said before, you're bound to run into these games if you play public sooner or later.

Regarding ICQ, yes the ICQ application and Battle.net is apples and oranges (and I didn't mean to say otherwise), but definitely not the effect of inviting just about anyone on ICQ to chat with you compared to inviting just about anyone to join your game. The end result will in both cases be -- just about anyone will join you. Just about any personalities, good or bad. If you're unwilling to accept this, don't play in public games...

Which brings me to your thoughts about passworded games...

Even Lurker Lounge has a game setup forum, and several other Diablo II forums as well. The purpose of these are to remedy the problem you describe, and from my own experience, I'm quite sure they are. :) On these you'll usually find much more friendly players than Mr. L337, who you basically say "hi and welcome to my game" to if you create a public game. I'm having no problems finding players to play with. At least much less problems than to find players to play a Diablo II mod with on a private server for example, just to pick a form of non-realm multiplayer gaming to compare with. And since single player is often boring to me, even mods, I'm usually playing with some of my 25 Battle.net friends (gah, increase the buddy list size Blizzard! ;)) in my own time zone where often at least two or three are playing when I go online. And nothing is stopping us from organizing an 8 player game; that's only a forum post and a couple of days away, to agree on some date we'll play at.
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)

Messages In This Thread
I started playing on the realms... - by WarBlade - 05-23-2003, 11:32 PM
I started playing on the realms... - by Kasreyn - 05-23-2003, 11:56 PM
I started playing on the realms... - by Ryethe - 05-24-2003, 02:51 AM
I started playing on the realms... - by Baajikiil - 05-24-2003, 05:01 AM
I started playing on the realms... - by Jugalator - 05-24-2003, 10:22 AM
I started playing on the realms... - by Jugalator - 05-24-2003, 10:26 AM
I started playing on the realms... - by WarBlade - 05-24-2003, 11:37 AM
I started playing on the realms... - by Jugalator - 05-25-2003, 01:03 AM
I started playing on the realms... - by WarBlade - 05-25-2003, 01:44 AM
I started playing on the realms... - by Roland - 05-25-2003, 10:50 PM