Senate report concludes: no proof of contact between
Quote:...
However, the very same can be said about the kind of system for detaining and trying 'terrorists' that Dubya's working his best to get in (See - bill in question). ...
Here we go again... <exhasperated sigh> Hello? Is there anyone fargin listening? Hello? 3 branches of GOVERNMENT have weighed in here. Bush tried to act in US vs Hamden without law changes, then the Supremes weighed in, then Congress made some bills, then a compromise with Congress, Bush will probably sign it, and now off to the Supremes again.

We just got through wading through 1000 pages of laws here, and now you just choose to ignore that and go back to that voice in your head? "Bush is the one... Bush is the great Satan... Bush is the American Dictator..." This is hardly a system of Bush's design, this is a system where Bush is trying to do what he believes the President is authorized to do under constitutional War powers, only to be rightly challenged by Congress and the Courts.

Seems like a frickisied balance of power to me. Let me repeat my former challenge to you on Congress and presidential power...

<span style="font-family:Arial Black">"Show me any law that Congress has passed that gave the President more power than he had that was not given to him by the Constitution! "<!--fontc--><!--/fontc--></span> In fact they could not give him more power, only limit their own. But, try to find a single case where they did that.

Trust me. As a libertarian, who looks at the founding fathers for original intent, I'm very aware of all the crap in our system that has curtailed the rights of the people, and altered the balances of power in our three branches of government.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Senate report concludes: no proof of contact between - by kandrathe - 10-03-2006, 12:33 AM