Senate report concludes: no proof of contact between
Quote:Sure I can leave it at this. Not that you ever had anything to discuss.

Frankly, up to date, your contribution to this forum seems to have consisted of 'You couldn't possibly understand what I'm talking about', 'When I was a kid, we had to walk five miles, in the snow, uphill, both ways', 'Stalin had a dog, ___ has a dog', and 'Crawl off and die.' No big loss.
Given that I gave you a citation that showed your position to be based on smoke, mirrors, and hot air, I reply to you about the ICC in two ways.

1) It has no jurisdiction in the US, and that is good. If any ICC agent want to come and find me in the US, I am a very good shot. I also know a few folks in the local sheriff's department.

2) The moves were afoot in the late 1990's to try and use the ICC to bring trumped up charges against US peacekeepers on missions overseas. (Read Deep Pockets Extortion) It was forestalled by our Congress, who weren't idiots, when Clinton was ready to sign.

I will never condone a US soldier being bound by any other law than the US laws, and by those laws our nation, via Senatorial confirmation of a treaty, have bound our nation to. Hence, if I broke Geneva while on active duty, my own military and our court system would have my guts for garters.

That pair of strictures covers pretty much anything the kangaroos in the Hague, or elsewhere, can dream up. Our court system is robust enough to prosecute for any and all crimes any of our soldiers commit. Did you note that prison sentences were handed down to a number of jailers from Abu Ghraib?

Due process of law, not due process of kangaroo. It is a protection under the Constitution that is not forfeited by donning the uniform. Until there is indeed one world government (ROFL) then there is no proper balance of power, nor of influence, in the "international court system."

If you don't understand me, look at the applause Chaves and Mahmoud got from the UN General Assembly. Not everyone comes to the table under the same premise. l

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
Senate report concludes: no proof of contact between - by Occhidiangela - 10-02-2006, 10:57 PM