Senate report concludes: no proof of contact between
Quote:...
For every prisoner held without any recourse in Guantanomo all these years (as one camp commander was quoted as saying "we have more goatherders than terrorists here"), how many new potential terrorists have been radicalized by the way they have been treated?
I think you make the mistake of thinking that the jihadi's think as you do. They might make some hay with Gitmo, but more than likely they will also scare off potential recruits by pointing out the reality that they might end up there. I think they actually respect strength (barbarity), but they think American are more "effeminate" than the USSR was. Please read what the Jihadi's are saying is motivating them ( e.g. Sayyid Qutb or The Management of Savagery by Abu Bakr Naji). I think western decadance(in their view), and corrupting their youth with things like MTV is far worse. They believe they are destined to bring down the remaining Satan superpower, as they did to USSR and then establish a one world Islamic caliphate.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Senate report concludes: no proof of contact between - by kandrathe - 09-30-2006, 08:05 AM