Here's an example as to why the UN is a joke
Quote:I suppose your right. I guess I was a little taken aback by the ferocity of the attack of the likes I don't recall having heard before by a national leader towards a USA president. I've heard threats and cynical responses towards American presidents before, but this type of shock-value insulting was hate-filled and heart-felt, and quite frankly I found it a little frightening how he calls on the world to pretty much revolt against the USA. He's instigating an already difficult situation - regarding the USA's relation’s abroad - and supplying real terrorists with the drive to continue what they're doing. He may not have anything to do with a direct attack on the USA, but verbal confirmation from a powerful world leader might be just what these radicals need to reinvigorate them - terrorists tend take everything in an "extreme" nature. I think this is really what bothers me the most about his speech - thinking about how others (i.e. terrorists) might interpret his words. I hope he is seen as nothing more than a tyrant by the wise.
I'm not worried about terrorists. They can usually kill only dozens or hundreds.
Quote:TEHRAN, Sept. 13--Commander of the Islamic Revolution’s Guards Corps said on Wednesday the strategy of IRGC’s ground forces is defensive, but will become offensive in case of any foreign threat and target the strategic depth of enemies.Talking to reporters while touring IRGC’s combat units in Khuzestan province, Major General Yahya Rahim-Safavi added that regional and global conditions are unstable, Fars News Agency reported. “The Americans, Brits and the Zionist regime have been defeated in Iraq, Afghanistan and Lebanon, and if they contemplate attacking another country, they will experience a bigger defeat,“ he said. The IRGC chief maintained that the combat readiness of IRGC and Basij (volunteer forces) helps prevent extraterritorial threats, stressing that the Islamic system should use the services of Basij more effectively to ensure its future. Noting that Khuzestan is the most important part of the country after Tehran, Rahim-Safavi said, “Since Khuzestan is situated in a sensitive border area, the American and British invaders are present in its vicinity and foreign intelligence services are constantly making plots in this province, the IRGC and Basij are fully prepared to encounter all their plots.“The Iran Daily
Read and learn.
Quote:Tehran, Iran, Nov. 04 – An Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) commander proclaimed on Friday that Iran’s Islamic ideology would soon reach the “four corners of the earth”.Iran Focus
It's the army's that worry me more.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Here's an example as to why the UN is a joke - by kandrathe - 09-26-2006, 05:27 AM