Here's an example as to why the UN is a joke
Quote:I don't wonder why they make these statements. This is what communist leaders or other types of tyrants are all about. Loud speeches and boasts, especially when they know that they will not be hit upside the head. Typical schoolbully mentality, btw.

I suppose your right. I guess I was a little taken aback by the ferocity of the attack of the likes I don't recall having heard before by a national leader towards a USA president. I've heard threats and cynical responses towards American presidents before, but this type of shock-value insulting was hate-filled and heart-felt, and quite frankly I found it a little frightening how he calls on the world to pretty much revolt against the USA. He's instigating an already difficult situation - regarding the USA's relation’s abroad - and supplying real terrorists with the drive to continue what they're doing. He may not have anything to do with a direct attack on the USA, but verbal confirmation from a powerful world leader might be just what these radicals need to reinvigorate them - terrorists tend take everything in an "extreme" nature. I think this is really what bothers me the most about his speech - thinking about how others (i.e. terrorists) might interpret his words. I hope he is seen as nothing more than a tyrant by the wise.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
Here's an example as to why the UN is a joke - by Taem - 09-26-2006, 03:19 AM