Senate report concludes: no proof of contact between
Quote:I disagree strongly with this putting of Castro in one sentence with Saddam or Osama (I guess you mean hussein and bin laden...).
Compared to the US supported rightwing extremist junta governments in south america, Castro did a good job.

O and Kandrathe, it's nice that you pretend to know what my friends have seen and how the went around in Cuba, but you are wrong.
There are two scenarios, eppie; Your friends are a part of the Cuban government/military and thus know the truth. They would also be likely to propagandize Castro as "true" marxist believers would, so they would be unreliably biased. Or, it was as I said, they were guests of Castro's Cuba, shown what the regime wanted them to see, set up as stooges and/or useful idiots.

Most Germans in 1940 loved Adolf Hitler, and they turned a blind eye to the "bad things". It is the same with Castro, he has a revolutionary cult where he is the equivelent of the David Koresh of Cuba. He crushed, and continues to crush any hint of opposition. There are no freedoms in Cuba that are not given by the regime boons to the faithful. Is he a dictator? Does he act like a dictator? Personally, I will be relieved when he and Raul are dead.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Senate report concludes: no proof of contact between - by kandrathe - 09-25-2006, 01:54 PM