Here's an example as to why the UN is a joke
Quote:Not every government that doesn't like the USA is a dictatorship. I guess you also thinks France as no freedpm of speech:D.

No seriously, about your being sick of paying for everything...look at you own government. People in the US are getting rich....f I was a tax payer i the US I would share your concern....but don't blame the UN or other countries.
How about you read up on Chavez and his repression before you embrace him?

HRW - Venezuela: Curbs on Free Expression Tightened

I never said he was a dictator. I said he was enjoying a freedom that if an opponent of his had uttered in Venezuala would have landed the person in jail for treason. Since his supporters also form a majority in the legislature he was able to increase the judiciary from 20 to 32 seats (also five seats needed to be filled). Hugo Chavez appointed 17 of the 32 seats with his cronies and supporters. Now his rule encompasses the presidency, legislature and the courts. Does he act like a dictator? Does it seem like Venezuela is becoming a dictatorship?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Here's an example as to why the UN is a joke - by kandrathe - 09-22-2006, 04:50 PM