Senate report concludes: no proof of contact between
Quote:Simple answer Occhi, anyone that pursues avenues to be above the law where a normal person would be hit by the full weight of the law. I think that justice should treat everyone equally and the fact of the matter is that there are people that go out of their way to pursue agendas above the law and flaunt that in the face of people that follow the laws.
Should I stop calling you Lissa and start calling you Pollyanna?

"Justice" is an abstract concept, a balance to be striven for. The Law is supposed to afford everyone equal protection. Many laws have loopholes. Lawyers make money finding and exploiting those loopholes. Each case is (or is supposed to be) tried on its own merits. You get the Justice you can afford, or luck into.
That's how it works, when you are before a Jury of your alleged peers, hand picked for gullibility by attorneys dead set on winning their game. They both want to get the high score and a free replay. If the rules are made by the self promoting players of that game, it's just another mod, another patch.

That' reality, where Pizza doesn't come with a justice topping. <_<

Your appeal to Justice is an appeal to the abstract. There is scant Justice in American courts, there is just the Game, and there is The Law. There are Justices (noun sense) on the courts, but not much Justice to be found.

OJ Simpson for two hundred, Alex, in today's game of Double Jeopardy. :P

You wanted to know how to "apply justice" to someone who is in a position where the rules grant him immunity. OK, I answer you for the third time:

Get the rules changed via your elected representatives, or get the rope, and the bandannas over the face.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
Senate report concludes: no proof of contact between - by Occhidiangela - 09-14-2006, 09:34 PM