Rogues and Stormrage: Two Performance Stories

Gilneas has always treated me well, perhaps because I play from the west coast (9pm PST) and Gilneas is an east coast server --

-- except that for a long time we've had large delays (5-30 sec) looting anything (even the mailbox) at around 12am PST (3am EST). Doing other things (even combat) still seem to work at that time, though, as long as you haven't tried to loot anything recently.

I figure maybe the mailbox, corpse looting, etc are controlled by a separate database server, which gets backed up 3am EST every day. I dunno ...

Strangely, the 3am EST loot-lag cleared up for a few weeks, and then came back recently, around the time of patch 1.11.

This problem is especially bad for warlocks, since shadowburn and drain soul "loot" shards, putting a new shard in your backpack. If I'm in a raid, and I cast shadowburn for extra DPS at around 3am EST, and the mob dies with the shadowburn debuff on it, I'm effectively out of the game for the duration of combat.

thats my data point.

don't ask me why WoW thought Gilneas would be a good place to put me.

Messages In This Thread
Rogues and Stormrage: Two Performance Stories - by TheWesson - 08-25-2006, 11:15 PM