Rogues and Stormrage: Two Performance Stories
The server issues have been covered, I experience similar issues on Terenas, I don't think it's a Stormrage isolated thing.

As for the rogue review, I am loving 1.12. I've had a lot of fun PvPing with my rogue in the last couple days.

Yes the kidney shot miss is annoying, but it's hardly something I'd go crazy over.

Vanish does work most of the time. The one time I saw it fail in the last couple days I was able to land an immediate kidney shot on a rogue who used vanish, probably simultaneous latency issues. I guess I see the issue, but it doesn't bother me so much.

Maybe I just haven't dealt with the problems long enough or don't get frustrated as easily. But it's nice to play in PvP and feel like I can do something with what is comparitively pretty darn crappy gear (check rogue profile, my gear sucks). And the talent review and my current spec has allowed me to feel that way. Maybe it's a little of oldmandennis' observation on the XBGs bringing out the noobs too.

But I never felt as functional in PvP with my much better geared warrior than I have the last couple days with my rogue. The warlock, well, it's a warlock, so yeah, she does pretty well in BGs too.

Probably the most annoying thing that I face in BGs is when someone comes riding at me and I try to either Sap or Cheap Shot them. Sometimes I can be repeatedly pressing the respective button and they ride right through me. My combat log states "not in range" repeatedly >_<, but I understand that this is likely a latency issue that cannot be fixed with current server hardware, and I guess that's why it doesn't anger or frustrate me too much.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.

Messages In This Thread
Rogues and Stormrage: Two Performance Stories - by Concillian - 08-24-2006, 07:25 PM