the Diablo History is not dead yet!
1. Wow. We're not worthy! :D

2. The Background, in my opinion, has to go. It interferes with the words presented: packaging still counts. Bolty went through I don't recall how many color schemes on each successive forum until he got what he liked.

3. A few edits:

a.
Quote:Van Damned creates, with Sourceror’s aid, a Spectrum of Righteousness, a system to scientifically methods of possible cheating. Van Damned’s original four spectrums are

Suggest "scientifically classify" . . . I think a word got missed.

b.
Quote:MAY 2001

--Blizzard releases the v 1.09 patch for Diablo.
--Business with HI the troll gets so bad that Virgil Tibbs puts up a HI FAQ on his website to warn others.
--Curtner does a 3@30 with Curnter(NM).
--Fritz Mahoney does a 3@30 with Mahondolf(NM).
--Mean Jean929 does a 1@17 with a naked mage.
--Many DSF posts at this point involve massive polling, which prompts Spear to write one helluva flame about them. Naturally he is flamed back. He says about the experience, “I'm sure most of you are well aware of the thread that threatened to give me a great new name, SpearJerk,….”
--Harm posts a guide on how to kill the Butcher that comes close to copying Freshman Diablo and Pete’s work on the subject.
--Blizzard releases the v 1.09 patch for Diablo. 
--Virgil Tibbs posts an early draft of what will be his HI FAQ on mrbean1121’s forum.
--Mean Jean929 attempts another 1@17.
--Shivaking does a warrior 1@23.

They released 1.09 twice? :D

c. FWIW, I think I started lurking, and then posting, at DSF about May or June of 1999 . . . or maybe July or August. Brain not accessing that memory module, the Guinness is to blame. I was not one who saved my posts, was sort of new to forums in general at that point, and had no idea I might want to save anything. I think I predated Virgil Tibbs, but not by much if at all. I still remember that Pope Master's argument with AC(INFERNO) about who was cheating, or was a cheater, was going on at page 18 or 19 shortly after I arrived. Without having met folks at the DSF, I would never have become a Lurker here at Bolty's Lounge, nor would I ever have 'met' all of the nice folks here, or had Rhydd throw so many darts into my backside while nitting my posts. :D

d. I think that the Landru references are late insofar as the origin of the bot. Landru had been around before I ever showed up in mid 1999. Others may disagree with that memory.

e. In another FWIW, I suggest your history might better be named "A Diablo History" rather than 'The.' And IIRC, no Diablo History is complete without a nod to when Boba Fett posted his trainer. His trainer was infamous, as was his ridiculous site listing all of the people he had killed while in God Mode: it was a synonym for 'stinking cheater scumbag resource' and he himself was a 'l33t haxor' poster child.

*duck* as Duckula throws a phone book at me. *Hear her mutter something like 'Hey, pal, I wrote it, I will entitle it however I bloody like, thank you very much! Now back to your coffee!*

For your warm welcome and friendship, I still thank all of you who opened your arms to me in those early days. You know who you are.

E~T, phone home!
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
the Diablo History is not dead yet! - by --Pete - 05-22-2003, 02:32 AM
the Diablo History is not dead yet! - by LavCat - 05-22-2003, 05:49 AM
the Diablo History is not dead yet! - by Bob - 05-22-2003, 07:10 AM
the Diablo History is not dead yet! - by Feryar - 05-22-2003, 10:04 AM
the Diablo History is not dead yet! - by Walkiry - 05-22-2003, 10:43 AM
the Diablo History is not dead yet! - by TaMeOlta - 05-22-2003, 03:38 PM
the Diablo History is not dead yet! - by Nystul - 05-22-2003, 03:53 PM