Burning Crusade - Beta Winning Notifications Underway
Quote:I've actually wondered about that. Tier 3 gear has item levels between 86 and 92+ (not sure what the level on the rings are since thott doesn't seem to have any of them listed). Normally, level requirements are determined by subtracting 5 from the item level, so this gives us 81-87. Since this is (way) above the level cap, the required level is reduced to 60 so that current characters can actually wear them.

I'm guessing they will significantly raise the ilvl of items dropping from normal mobs and in instances to make the 70 items significantly more worthwhile than the epic 60 items available now.

The only thing that keeps a level 55 mob from dropping ilvl 200 gear is Blizzard's rules. I wouldn't be surprised if ilvl 70 mobs start dropping ilvl 90-100 gear with sockets just to prove the point that pre-expansion gear is worthless. In any event, it's very clear from what has been said that the rules will change significantly.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.

Messages In This Thread
Burning Crusade - Beta Winning Notifications Underway - by Concillian - 08-04-2006, 06:46 PM