Burning Crusade - Beta Winning Notifications Underway
Quote:Thanks. Here's the first one: Your tier 3 set from Naxxramas will be trash can fodder once you reach level 70;)

I've actually wondered about that. Tier 3 gear has item levels between 86 and 92+ (not sure what the level on the rings are since thott doesn't seem to have any of them listed). Normally, level requirements are determined by subtracting 5 from the item level, so this gives us 81-87. Since this is (way) above the level cap, the required level is reduced to 60 so that current characters can actually wear them.

I can't see them changing the level requirements on existing items when they change the level cap, but will new items follow the old rules? If this ends up being the case, you might not see better gear until you hit the new cap since Tier 3 is already 10+ levels above even the new level 70 cap.

Note that this would apply to all dropped gear. Quest reward gear, on the other hand, often does not have a level requirement at all. Instead, it uses the level requirement of the quest itself to prevent lowbies from obtaining leet gear. If they go back to the old level requirement rules, I can see dropped gear becoming essentially useless from 60-69 with quest gear perhaps stepping up to fill this void. Or, Blizzard could completely change the gear scaling curves in the 60-70 range so that the rate of stat inflation increases even more :blink:

Messages In This Thread
Burning Crusade - Beta Winning Notifications Underway - by chippydip - 08-04-2006, 02:05 PM