Burning Crusade Will Introduce Difficulty Settings
Quote:They claimed the classes were getting new abilities from level 40 and up. 5 abilities doesn't seem like all that much to me :(

Yeah, I think 'spells and abilities' = skills.

I think that the talent choices will exist on top of these 'spells and abilities.' I expect if you combine talents and skills you will have significantly more options than just 5. Warriors have noted that the 41 point talents need to be extremely compelling in order to make them not want to spec into deathwish + flurry + 2H spec + sword/axe/polearm spec + mortal strike, so I expect the new talent selections will be pretty good.

I don't have reference to the blue post, but there has been a statement that 31+ point talents will not be level restricted, only talent point restricted. So these talents should be available from 40-70, and this is probably the same level range in which you start gaining ranks of your new abilities.

I would be concerned less about the quantity of new abilities and more about the usefulness of them. I don't remember the last time my rogue used expose armor, for example. Are they going to be that sort of "useful in an extremely unlikely scenario" skills, or more "this is something I can use all the time" skills? Even if they are "use all the time" skills, people only have so much hotbar space and so many key mappings. It seems to me that 10 or 15 more things to map to hotbars and keystrokes would be overly cumbersome.

Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.

Messages In This Thread
Burning Crusade Will Introduce Difficulty Settings - by Concillian - 07-30-2006, 05:04 PM