Battleground Multi-Server Battlegroups
Quote:Allow me to illustrate the point with a hypothetical but realistic story of a WSG queue on a typical evening. Because integers are easier to work with, let's say that you are on a server with an extreme Alliance/Horde imbalance with a ratio of two Alliance players for every one Horde.

The highlighted comment illustrates the point I made in the previous post. You underestimate the pop-imbalance on normal servers. Your "extreme" example is not extreme at all... it is better than the typical scenario on Normal ruleset servers

Check the census sites... on a well balanced Normal ruleset server the pop imbalance is down to 2:1 alliance to horde. The average of all Normal servers is an activity ratio of 2.3 to 1, according to warcraftrealms.com. Alliance WSG queue times of 30+ minutes are normal by your analysis. Add to that that there are typically even more people who play BGs on alliance than horde due to the progression imbalance, at least on my server... there are 4 alliance guilds in Naxx and 8 in AQ40, while 2 Horde guilds have even downed Huhu. There are about 6 alliance teams that take advantage of their superior gearing and pretty much own anything but 2 horde teams. You can expect to get totally owned if you queue. This drives even semi-hardcore players (like myself) away from the BGs.

This is what I base my original argument on, that prime time queue times weill get better for alliance on Normal realms and worse for alliance on PvP realms and vice versa for horde becuase including all server types will have the virtual effect of balancing the factions. Your assessment that everyone's queue time will decrease is simply not going to happen, your own example, coupled with census data illustrates that point quite clearly.

Average for PvP realms is 1.2:1
Average for all realms is 1.7:1

I don't see how you can argue that alliance PvP realm queue lengths won't see increases.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.

Messages In This Thread
Battleground Multi-Server Battlegroups - by Kevin - 07-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Battleground Multi-Server Battlegroups - by Concillian - 07-29-2006, 05:13 PM