Burning Crusade Will Introduce Difficulty Settings
Quote:Geplant ist zudem eine Möglichkeit, die Instanzen in zwei verschiedene Schwierigkeitsstufen setzen zu können. Z. B. könnte ein Level 61 - 63 Wing auf Stufe 70 aufgestockt , der Schwierigkeitsgrad entsprechend angepasst werden: Die Gegner teilen mehr Schaden aus usw. Im Ganzen soll es für Stufe 70-Spieler eine größere Herausforderung darstellen.

To translate:
Two difficult settings
- normal (for example balanced for level 61-63)
- hard, balanced for level 70

I don't speak german, but the fact that there is wing in the description makes me think that it is describing the Hellfire Citidel again.

Quote:I have thought for a long time that most of the 1-59 instances are largely wasted because people run them a few times and move to the next instance.

Untrue. The last 10 levels or so of dungeons are reused. Ok, ST is just good for going back and getting your class trinket, and Mauradon is just used because of goofy itemization for NR. But BRD/BRS see a ton of action because of unique items (HOJ/finkles skinner) and the fact they are gateways to other content. Strath/scholo have shoulder enchants going for them, and orbs will probably be necessary for the expasion still. People will still do ZG for the other shoulder enchant, as well as their head/leg enchant.

I've kindof softened towards the idea overnight. I still think it is taking the easy way out - trying to get 5 dungeons for the price of one. But hey, I think it will be funny. I'm willing to bet some of the "I hate raiding I'm too skilled for it" crowd will turn out to not be as skilled as they think. I know the MT of the leading horde guild on my server couldn't make it through a super-hard difficulty level, I bet there are a lot of hard-core raiders who couldn't either.

It could be very amusing to watch guilds crack up under the stress of their 5-10 best players refusing to go to instances with the people who are just filling out thier rosters.

I do worry that even ultra-hard mode woln't have the sort of gear and skill checks that 40man dungeons do. If they are going to have raid like rewards, there had better be something like "arcane explosion for 1000 every 5 seconds, scaling to 5000 on ultra-hard". Joe average player -shouldn't- be able to finish these dungeons on ultra hard, not if they are going to start dropping "epics for casuals".

Messages In This Thread
Burning Crusade Will Introduce Difficulty Settings - by oldmandennis - 07-29-2006, 02:52 PM