Tell me about buying a home for the first time
Quote:If we like what we see tomorrow, we are well-prepared to set things in motion very quickly. We could conceivably even close the deal tomorrow (conditional upon financing and inspection), which we might have to do to block out other potential bidders.

..and that is exactly what happened.

We viewed it at 9AM, and were blown away. We put in an offer ABOVE the asking price with a minimum of conditions. The house was so much more than I thought we could afford, and the asking price was artificially low because the current owners wanted a quick sale. Given that there were at least 5 other showings today, my wife and I did not want to take a chance on this. Our offer was good until 9PM. At about 8:45PM, our agent called and congratulated us. Ours was accepted.

Our agent suggested that the relative lack of conditions on our part was the deal-maker. She didn't know for sure, but she guessed that a few of the other offers were also above the asking price.

Closing date is September 15. Do any of you guys have a truck? I'll supply beer and pizza.

(I have 3 bathrooms now. I told my wife that our entire family could have a poop at the same time.)

Messages In This Thread
Tell me about buying a home for the first time - by DeeBye - 07-27-2006, 03:16 AM