Blizzards asks for your Diablo II Suggestions/Concerns
Hi,

Found a rather nice response in the battle.net thread by a user called Spirit_x33x:
Quote:1) Rune drops should be increased. Right now there's like a 0.000000571% chance of a Zod being dropped. That's really low, I mean, Ive got a bigger chance of getting hit by a falling plane that's been struck by lightning on a sunny day.

Increase the runes by a factor of 1000.
So 0.000000571% becomes 0.000571% - that would be more reasonable, yet still very rare. I've never found a rune higher than Vex and Ive played for 5 years now. Increasing rune drops will decrease dupes and legit players have a chance of making the good runewords.

If you dont increase the rune drops, get rid of the over-powered, over-expensive runewords. Come on, Last Wish? It's like Blizzard is encouraging runes to be duped. Nobody will ever make that legitly.

2) Diablo is supposed to be played with the map revealed (after you explore it). Look at single player. Once a map is explored, it stays. That's the way the game was made. Why can't it be like that on Multiplayer? It should be, then there wouldn't be any map hacks.

3) Spell Fixes:

a) Hydra - (Increase dmg boost from its synergies)
b ) Firewall - (Synergy: Blaze) [+Fire Dmg]
c) Blaze - (Synergy: Firewall) [+Fire Dmg]
d) Thunderstorm - (Synergy: Lightning) [+Light Dmg]
e) Telekinesis - (Synergy: Teleport) [+Light Dmg]
f) Nova - (Synergy: Thunderstorm) [+Light Dmg]

g) Smite - Make it AR dependant. A lvl 2 char shouldnt be able to hit Hell Ball 95% of the time.
h) Hammer - Make it ignore Undead resistances, but not Demons.

i) Immolation Arrow. Get rid of the timer, make it like cold arrow.
j) Decrease mana cost a little for elemental arrow spells.
k) Fix Fend Bug - (Synergy: Jab) [+Dmg]

l) Increase synergy damage for Fire Traps.
m) Display Fade's damage reduced %.
n) Make the blade spells alot better. Give them synergies.
o) Make the elemental kicks a little better.

p) Let the Druid have a Bear and 1 type of Wolfs at the same time.
q) Get rid of the requirement that you must have Hurriance before you can get Armageddon. Armageddon doesnt deal cold damage so it shouldnt have cold damage spells are a pre-requirement.
r) Give vines synergies.
I'm not so sure about point 2), but the rest of it sounds fairly reasonable.

I had crafted an answer to the corresponding AB thread which I can't access now, but several points adressed by this user were in it, too.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.

Messages In This Thread
Blizzards asks for your Diablo II Suggestions/Concerns - by Fragbait - 07-23-2006, 01:40 PM