Battleground Multi-Server Battlegroups
Quote:Everyone's queues will be shorter on average, because until 1.12, faction imbalance has not been the limiting factor, except under rare circumstances (prime time on a especially loved battleground holiday weekend). It has been the small population size queuing up for battlegrounds, which allowed for the possibilty of massive bottlenecks. With a larger pool of players queuing up for the same battlegrounds, the bottlenecks will be removed.

Well, when one faction faces these bottlenecks and the other doesn't I think it can be attributed to faction imbalance. If you grouped a bunch of Normal servers together you'd still have long alliance queues and short horde ones. alliance queues would be slightly shorter due to there being less "remainders" (2 matches + 3 horde x 8 servers turns into 18 matches + 4 horde), but the queue times would still be longer for the higher pop faction. It helps, but the overall issue remains.

Mixing PvP and normal ruleset realms helps in both ways.

I think perhaps you underestimate the queue length differences on normal servers. If I want in a WSG or AV during normal playtimes (weekends, afternoon --> midnight-ish) I can expect to get into an instance before I ride to the bank from the battlemaster. From reading the realm forum, and talking to Stormrage folk, it seems alliance can expect to make it somewhere and get some solid solo farming time in while in queue. That is not a low pool size issue, that's a pop imbalance issue. These circumstances are nowhere near "rare" on a Normal server.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.

Messages In This Thread
Battleground Multi-Server Battlegroups - by Concillian - 07-19-2006, 08:55 PM
Battleground Multi-Server Battlegroups - by Kevin - 07-19-2006, 09:45 PM