Revered to Exalted on Argent Dawn
Getting to Revered for Argent Dawn is a matter of killing regular or elite undead and running UD instances (and saving Scourgestones and Valor Tokens until revered.)

Killing Invasion mobs was a very fast way to Revered

The usual method for getting from Revered to Exalted is grinding the cauldron at Gahron's Withering (so I understand.)

I wanted to add a couple things, and I hope for further contributions on the Revered -> Exalted grind.

Good reference:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Argent_Dawn

First, all first turnins of Savage Fronds, Dark Iron Scrap, Cryptstalker parts, Bone Fragments, and Core of the Elements are each worth 200 AD rep. Getting the Craftsman's Writ (first time) is worth 200 rep. So you should definitely do all of these at least once at revered (after burning your saved Scourgestones.)

Subsequent turnins of critter components are worth 10 rep, but subsequent Craftsman's Writs are worth 50 rep.

On my server, fulfilling a writ will cost at least 10-15g in AH materials and perhaps much more. Since you can get a 30-stack of Core of Elements (= 1 Argent Dawn Insignia) for less than 10g on my server, buying the writs and the materials for the writ is most useful for Scarlet Crusade Insignias.

Some of the writs are pretty easy (Major Healing Potions or Thorium grenades) and might be done for about 10g in AH cost if you looked for good prices.

So if you ARE going to be doing Writs for your epics from insignias, best get them done before Exalted, so the 50 rep doesn't go to waste.

Getting the parts at the AH: The Scarlet critter parts (cryptstalker parts, bone fragments) are near 30g/30 for me, but the Savage Fronds run around 15g/30, and can be used for either SC or AD insignia.

The cryptstalkers are found in the tunnel in NW EPL and are a blast to farm with 2 people; gets exciting when the elite Nerubian Overseer shows up. Rep/hr is not very good though you do get some Minions/Invaders scourgestones.

Next, Grinding (the real subject):

I'm a Dark Pact warlock with blues and a few purples, about +350 spelldmg (slightly more vs UD.)

I find that as a warlock Dalson's Tears is the best. I can dot until out of my mana (and with the imp's mana run dry via Dark Pact) and be killing 2-4 zombies at any given time. When I'm out of mana there's a dozen (re) dead zombies around my feet. Counting scourgestones and Argent Dawn tokens, I can do 300 rep/hr or better this way. These drop Somatic Intensifiers (25 rep for 5) and Minion's Scourgestones (2.5 rep).

At Gahrron's Withering, I have trouble working with a bigger multi-pull (> 3). Most of these mobs drop Minion's Scourgestones as well, except for the Haunting Visions which drop Invader's Scourgestones. The Ectoplasmic Resonators are slightly better (25 rep for 4) but all in all the rep throughput seems less.

But Gahrron's Withering, worked out very well last night working with a mage and a druid,. I would pull 8+ mobs with Siphon Life (only), while the mage and druid were drinking, and the health returned would be enough to keep me alive for some time. The DoT'ed mobs would stick to me pretty well, usually through the druid's heals and the mage's Blizzard. They would stick to me like glue if I added aggro by self-heals through Death Coil or a healthstone. So the Siphon Life pull is a good option for farming. Kept the mage from dying :) Could've worked without the Druid, perhaps, if I were willing to burn a healthstone every pull.

I don't know if a more experienced mage would've just been OK pulling eight mobs by himself, haven't got a 60 mage.

Anyhow, this occurred to me because I just saw the top post with a pic from farming at Dalson's Tears -- other people like this the best as well? Any further farming suggestions besides the obvious "bring a pet mage" and "have your group donate all scourgestones to you."

I can only imagine the grind to Exalted would be severely painful for a class restricted to mostly single-target damage (Warrior? Rogue? Hunter?) Perhaps doing repeated boss runs in Scholo/Strat would be the way to go?

I saw a Paladin doing very well at Dalson's Tears using some AoE paladin thing, though!

Messages In This Thread
Revered to Exalted on Argent Dawn - by TheWesson - 07-11-2006, 10:17 PM
Revered to Exalted on Argent Dawn - by Xanthix - 07-12-2006, 05:26 AM
Revered to Exalted on Argent Dawn - by Skandranon - 07-12-2006, 06:34 AM
Revered to Exalted on Argent Dawn - by Derek - 07-12-2006, 05:53 PM
Revered to Exalted on Argent Dawn - by TheWesson - 07-17-2006, 02:02 AM
Revered to Exalted on Argent Dawn - by Xanthix - 07-17-2006, 04:16 PM
Revered to Exalted on Argent Dawn - by TheWesson - 07-18-2006, 12:18 AM
Revered to Exalted on Argent Dawn - by MongoJerry - 07-18-2006, 09:03 AM
Revered to Exalted on Argent Dawn - by Flymo - 07-18-2006, 02:53 PM
Revered to Exalted on Argent Dawn - by TheWesson - 07-18-2006, 09:10 PM
Revered to Exalted on Argent Dawn - by Hedon - 08-11-2006, 04:54 AM