Reputation questions
Quote:A few questions:

1) Syndicate rep still exists, right?
2) What way(s) can a non-rogue discover or modify Ravenholdt and Syndicate factions?
3) any easier/lower level tricks for rogues and Syndicate?
5) Are there any known examples of substiantially ranking up Ravenholdt or Syndicate rep? (i.e. revered/exalted Ravenholdt, neutral or better Syndicate) Most people seem to assume there's no effect or reward, has this been experimentally confirmed?

I'm curious about this, too.

Quote:4) Scarlet Crusade rep still doesn't exist, right?

Correct. However, you can get one of their tabards in the SM Armory for dress-up. Also, if you get a corrupted Ashbringer, you can rp with them for a bit. And then there are the disguises you can get in WPL and EPL that let you hang out with the scarlet crusade a bit.

Quote:6) Now that they've fixed the level 10 Argent Dawn horse in stormwind, what are the easiest ways to lower your Argent Dawn rep--particularly for a low level character?

For high level characters, you can obviously go "At War" with the AD and kill the people at the Bulwark or Chillwind Camp. For lower level characters, I'm not sure. There are a couple of Argent Dawn NPC's who give out quests for BFD in Darnassus. You might check their levels. They might spawn city guards when you attack them, though.

Quote:7) If you lower your Argent Dawn or Cenarion Circle rep below that which normally causes KOS behavior (hated?) do ones hanging out in capitals attack you as you pass by?
8) Are there civilians of the non-playable factions?

If they're like the goblins, some will and some won't. Vendors, for example, tend to be passive unless you attack them first. However, other NPC's will attack on sight. Guards will obviously always attack on sight.

Quote:9) If they carpeted Florida, how long do you think it would take to vaccuum it?

No time at all, because Florida sucks. (rim-shot)

Quote:10) Is there any explanation or use known for the ability to go at-war with Argent Dawn and Cenarion Circle?

To rp. You don't get a cool hat for doing it, however. It used to be that you could go at war with the CC to make it so that your spells could affect the guards. For example, when going after people snipering in Cenarian Hold, I would go at war with the CC so that my psychic screams would affect the guards and buy me some time to run away. I don't know if the guards are still fearable, though, since they've been buffed over time.

Quote:11) It's known that the AOE effects of factions neutral to you hurt you; does your AOE catch them? Does it depend on the at-war switch? Can an undead player get in a fight with an ogrimmar guard (for example), short of the weird faction changing debuff?
12) If a player neutral and not at war to a faction gets mind controlled, and attacks a faction guard, does the fight stop when the MC breaks? What if they're friendly or better? At war?

You can't MC or damage someone of a faction with whom you are not at war. You can't normally go at war with someone of your own faction. However, I've heard that there is some horde quest that involves some disguise debuff that temporarily places you at war with orgrimmar. I've never done the quest and am not sure what it is, but I've heard of stories of people doing funny stuff like MC'ing Saurfang and owning people with him while under the influence of this debuff. I think they changed it so that Saurfang can't be MC'd anymore, though.

Messages In This Thread
Reputation questions - by Professor Frink - 07-07-2006, 09:07 AM
Reputation questions - by MongoJerry - 07-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Reputation questions - by Rinnhart - 07-07-2006, 04:19 PM
Reputation questions - by Ruvanal - 07-07-2006, 05:02 PM
Reputation questions - by oldmandennis - 07-07-2006, 05:54 PM
Reputation questions - by Raven Vale - 07-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Reputation questions - by MongoJerry - 07-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Reputation questions - by Sanctuary - 07-08-2006, 06:30 AM
Reputation questions - by Rinnhart - 07-08-2006, 07:37 AM
Reputation questions - by lfd - 07-08-2006, 09:22 AM
Reputation questions - by Raven Vale - 07-08-2006, 05:47 PM