Hunter Vs. Priest
Quote:On Tichondrius, there's nothing that some people like more than griefing people,

We have jerks like this on SR, too. Thankfully, griefing is a reportable offence (though on a PvP server I'm given to understand that you are told to find a "pvp solution" GG there, Blizz...) most of the time.

Quote:They have to kill four demons, and all it takes to despawn a demon is to hit the demon once. (Snip) With the priest quest, I'm not sure what you mean by saying that a "simple movement in the quest zone during an activated quest" will break the event. When I did my quest, I had two people in the area watching the whole thing. One of them stood above the tunnel and even got shot by the invisible to him archers.

Let me clarify. For hunters, a single attack, buff or heal to the hunter or demon will despawn it on you. But it has to be one of those. You have to do something to get on the demon's aggro list to despawn it. If someone is standing in the middle of the road when someone else is kiting Artorius down the road, the demon will run right through the person in the road, with no consequence. However, those friends who were standing there watching you work your mojo? If they'd moved so much as one step, that movement would have triggered The Cleaner to come. You can have the place stuffed with "friend totems', but a single step, intentional or otherwise, will spring the Cleaner. From when the quest is activated until it's completed, any movement in that area that is not by the priest doing the quest themselve will bring the Cleaner about. It's much easier to grief, just by dint of that. I'd wager that many a priests quest has been 'griefed' by a friend riding up a minute late to watch.

That is actually one of the ways to 'ease' the priest quest. Have someone stand at the mouth-ish area of the cave, with a fistful of Immo's. The melee skellies will spawn and go right for that person, ignoring the peasants. You've just removed the holy nova aspect of this quest that way. The damage soak doesn't even have to see the skellies, they'll hit that person regardless. As long as they don't move (Oil of Immo) it doesn't count. Make it someone who can heal (Another priest, a pally, or a shammy) and as long as they don't move or heal the person doing the quest (no Holy Nova for the damage soak/Skelly distracter) then it still counts.

Where I can see it getting a bit mixed up is the "Fools Peril" AoE the hunter demons have. They do this to anyone who gets into melee aggro range if they are "challenged", but not engaged in combat. It's a 6-8000 AoE. But that's only if the demon is standing idle, unengaged. If the demon is engaged, and you do nothing to get onto it's aggrolist, you can /dance circles around if it you are quick enough.
~Not all who wander are lost...~

Messages In This Thread
Hunter Vs. Priest - by Mirajj - 06-12-2006, 08:24 AM
Hunter Vs. Priest - by Sword_of_Doom - 06-12-2006, 03:10 PM
Hunter Vs. Priest - by Mirajj - 06-12-2006, 03:51 PM
Hunter Vs. Priest - by MongoJerry - 06-12-2006, 06:17 PM
Hunter Vs. Priest - by Mirajj - 06-12-2006, 07:12 PM
Hunter Vs. Priest - by Watto44 - 06-13-2006, 03:55 AM