The Odyssey
It's done. Well, except for two handles for which I'm missing two penny sized washers, and earlier in the day I had to send my wife off to get 4 additional wood screws. I've got a bunch of other unused hardware though. :whistling: My wife will spend the remainder of the week shuttling home bales of wood chips to make the area softer, and some sand for the sand box area.

It was really hard to move this morning, but I forced myself into motion for our usual Sunday rituals, then after lunch I changed into my construction clothes. For me that is construction boots, shorts, and t-shirt (add a bandana if I'm doing roofing). I have a spongy pad to kneel on to save my knees from getting too scratched up. Although, I must say I'm pretty much a physical wreck at this point. Many scrapes, blisters, cuts, sun burn, and general muscle fatigue.

We only had one little tragedy when my 3 year old climbed up the ladder after me, but I didn't even know he was there. I ended up stepping on one of his fingers, poor little guy got quite a squish I'm afraid.

The remaining phases were not as bad as I feared, but there were tons of little frustrating moments in every phase ( we did phases 6 thru 22 today) , and I think my good temper was sorely pressed today. So in total, six hours to prep the site, and fourteen total hours building it. I had no turrets today though, so once you get beyond total muscle fatigue all that is left is the pain, and aches. I was too spent to dig the 2 foot deep hole for the slide pole, so I recruited my wife for that task while I carried on with other carpentry. We have extremely thick clay soil, and no rain recently so it's like a rock until you get down a foot.

The batteries are dead in my digital camera, but I'll post some of the completed structure populated with the neighborhood munchkins when I get it charged up again.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
The Odyssey - by kandrathe - 06-04-2006, 03:01 AM
The Odyssey - by Doc - 06-04-2006, 03:09 AM
The Odyssey - by DeeBye - 06-04-2006, 05:24 AM
The Odyssey - by ima_nerd - 06-04-2006, 11:41 PM
The Odyssey - by kandrathe - 06-05-2006, 01:02 AM