With my Martini and Music, I'd like an Olive
Quote:I am finally getting serious in my long term goal of converting all of my old LP's (I have over 400) into a digital format. My old Yamaha (vintage 1986) CD player finally bit the dust. So, I did a little poking around and found The Olive Opus, Musica, and Symphony. The Opus is not out yet, won't ship until June, but the Musica and Symphony have been out for a while.

Do any of you old timers (persons with LP's) have an Olive? If so, how do you like it? My Hi Fi rack will be absent the CD player, and I intend to fill it with something more useful that just another CD player. (I have a Bose Wave Radio/CD player anyway if all I want to do is play a CD.)

Comments? The Symphony runs about 900 dollars. (I fits in the "luxury versus necessity" category, but I have a few bits saved up for "Dad's latest toy" thanks to having resolved my golf equipment needs via winnings from a number of tournament firsts and seconds last year, which credit at the pro shop allowed me to buy a new driver and a new putter.)

Olive: pro or con?

Occhi

My children had a plethura of VHS movies (mostly Disney) that I wanted to transfer all to DVD. I bought a piece of hardware called Sparkle (or something very similar) which took my RCA and video or s-video input into my computer and turned it into a digital copy. The VHS movie turned digital very well, but was an extreemly large file and the main problem is the only program I had to rip my new DVD's with was Nero at the time. It took 2-3 DVD's just to fit one stinking movie! If I knew about DVD shrink at the time, things would have been different no doubt. To make a long story short, I ended up selling all my VHS tapes on eBay and just gave up on converting my VHS movies to DVD's.

If I had a bunch of great music on LP's, I might try to convert them to digital mp4's regardless of whatever else I bought. Just a thought.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
With my Martini and Music, I'd like an Olive - by Taem - 05-25-2006, 03:44 AM