With my Martini and Music, I'd like an Olive
Quote:Looking at the data sheet, it's looking better than I had thought. It's definitely an option if you don't want to involve a computer in the process.

I do note that their playlist software only runs on Macs.:)

Also, like any hard-disk based thing, I'd be sure to back it up once you've got it all loaded.
Good point, an external HD might be a good choice. I'll be burning the CD-R version of a lot of LP, for long term storage, and various mixes. Then, all the casette tapes go by by. :w00t:

Nystul, I wonder if you understand what an audiophile is, or was before digital came along and perverted sound reproduction. (Yes, fewer pops and hisses, BFD. Dolby, a decent cleaner, and a good cartridge, as well as a decent DD turntable, did similar good things for signal to noise ratios without cutting sound into slices. :angry: ) Life is analog. The Luddite has spoken. ;)

Since I am going to buy a replacement for my CD player in the rack anyway, I am positioned to also replace with this item the cassette player/recorder.

A PC soundcard is not going to do what I want this to do. I seriously doubt a PC can do what I want, without spending similar extra money here and there on more esoteric stuff, with my LP collection. <== that is a driving concern.

The "have lots of music on a HD" is nearly irrelevant, though it is a convenience.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
With my Martini and Music, I'd like an Olive - by Occhidiangela - 05-24-2006, 10:19 PM