With my Martini and Music, I'd like an Olive
Before you embark on this mission, have you considered whether it is worth it?

We have a similar collection of LP's. :blush: We still have a turntable connected, so that we may hear them, should we choose. (Please do not ask how, or what manner of equipment supports this. It is not my toy. :rolleyes:)

Most of them are unworthy of copying. (Perhaps the ones collected towards the end may be. Quite a lot of them were played once on the turntable, to copy them to cassette tape, and then put aside.) But virtually all of the others have suffered some vicissitude or another.

I know it seems like a conspiracy to keep you purchasing your favourite music over and over again. But if you really do want to hear some of those older pieces in their full glory, it is worth just purchasing it.

There may well be some LP's in your collection that are yet unavailable in CD format. For that number, is this new machine worth the expenditure? Or is it part of the process for you, and hence worth it, no matter what? ;)
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Messages In This Thread
With my Martini and Music, I'd like an Olive - by ShadowHM - 05-24-2006, 04:21 PM