With my Martini and Music, I'd like an Olive
I am finally getting serious in my long term goal of converting all of my old LP's (I have over 400) into a digital format. My old Yamaha (vintage 1986) CD player finally bit the dust. So, I did a little poking around and found The Olive Opus, Musica, and Symphony. The Opus is not out yet, won't ship until June, but the Musica and Symphony have been out for a while.

Do any of you old timers (persons with LP's) have an Olive? If so, how do you like it? My Hi Fi rack will be absent the CD player, and I intend to fill it with something more useful that just another CD player. (I have a Bose Wave Radio/CD player anyway if all I want to do is play a CD.)

Comments? The Symphony runs about 900 dollars. (I fits in the "luxury versus necessity" category, but I have a few bits saved up for "Dad's latest toy" thanks to having resolved my golf equipment needs via winnings from a number of tournament firsts and seconds last year, which credit at the pro shop allowed me to buy a new driver and a new putter.)

Olive: pro or con?

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
With my Martini and Music, I'd like an Olive - by Occhidiangela - 05-24-2006, 04:05 PM