Holy Moly! Rogue PvP Vid
Drasca,May 18 2006, 02:19 AM Wrote:I am some what disappointed by 6th man. While I like that he's facing 2v1 a lot of the time, the competition he faces is sub par.

In that video, I've seen:
Hunters that: Use serpent sting (poison damage) over viper (the mana drain hunter poison) against casters. Didn't' see any trap action from any of those hunters either.
I think the Happiness mechanics for hunter pets should be changed to they never run away even while completely unhappy. That's lower damage, but hunters could actually use their pets in BG this way.
Shaman that use Frost shock or Healing wave instead of earth shock
Priests that don't heal their allies or use mana burn
No pallies, obviously.
Warlocks that don't banish or howl of terror succubi.
Wars/Melee that dont intercept/snare/ bunny hop around the caster, or stand around looking dumb while he runs away even while hamstringed. Were those guys horribly lagged?
Mages are pretty much always owned by the Soul Link / Felhunter pairing, so that's no surprise there.
Lastly, Running away while both are at low health!?!? Epsecially running away as a melee char vs insta dot locks? That's saying, "kill me now"

PS: Which one were you? What time in the video?
[right][snapback]110142[/snapback][/right]
I wasn't in Sixth's vid. I was in Schyla's vid: I was the druid who got hit by his own grenade. :)

edit: I'll have to rewatch Sixth's vid. To be perfectly honest, I don't really watch things for the skills of the player(s). (Unless they are glaringly poor.) I just really enjoyed these flicks, although it definately helps when you recognise people etc. :)

ye edit the second, esq.: In response to some specifics: There were two hunter fights in that vid. The first one did viper sting, the second didn't. However, the second hunter did stumble across him at about 75% hp and 50% mana. (Still, a pretty standard thing to mess up. I'm pretty sure that I know who that hunter was as well, and it's an a-typical mistake from him.)

The Shaman: hehe, this is true. If you look really closely in one shaman + priest fight, after the pair rez the shaman casts stormstrike then frostbolt! Hahaha, I'll have to find out who that was and tease them mecilessly about that. (Damn googlevid's low rez. :( )

The Warriors: Well, the one "standing around" might have been doing that deliberately so the shammy could get some 1-1 time. Given that he didn't even dismount, I figure that's what's going on. As for walking away while hamstringed, there was a strange confluence of things going on there. The warrior was hit with death coil soon after he put the hamstring down, and sixth copped a psychic scream immediately after the death coil landed. :)

Finally, the warlocks: There was only one warlock in the succibus section of that vid and while it's true that he didn't banish or howl sixth's succi away, he did burn rocket helm to med up, re-summon and get the opener in.

On a final note: While I feel it's fair to nit-pick one on one fights - after all, that's a scenario where mistakes really shouldn't be made too often - two on one is a different matter. Unless you have pvped with the other player offen, it's very easy to slip into less than optimal play. Swords get tangled, as it were, and mistakes are made. The fact of the matter is, two players experienced players under "fair" circumstances should never loose to a single player.

In the end it comes down to what you want to watch: a series of duels where optimal play is made and that only resembles world/BG pvp in that two players are fighting, or something a little more entertaining, where mistakes are made that allow against-the-odds fights to come off. (The hamstring/death coil/psychic scream from above is a great example of this sort of thing.) :)
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink

Messages In This Thread
Holy Moly! Rogue PvP Vid - by Watto44 - 05-11-2006, 08:44 AM
Holy Moly! Rogue PvP Vid - by Quark - 05-11-2006, 09:31 PM
Holy Moly! Rogue PvP Vid - by Watto44 - 05-11-2006, 11:30 PM
Holy Moly! Rogue PvP Vid - by Drasca - 05-17-2006, 03:19 PM
Holy Moly! Rogue PvP Vid - by Watto44 - 05-18-2006, 12:12 AM
Holy Moly! Rogue PvP Vid - by Drasca - 05-19-2006, 05:45 PM
Holy Moly! Rogue PvP Vid - by Berkman - 05-19-2006, 10:01 PM
Holy Moly! Rogue PvP Vid - by castille - 05-22-2006, 01:47 PM
Holy Moly! Rogue PvP Vid - by MongoJerry - 05-22-2006, 07:51 PM