New Alliance Race Speculation thickens!
Artega,Apr 20 2006, 06:47 PM Wrote:Except Blood Elves are not High Elves.
They are the high elves. They changed their name to blood elves to honor those lost when the scourge took Quel'thalas.

Quote:While there were indeed Priests for use in the War3 campaign, that was more than likely for balance issues rather than lore.
They could have made up a different spell for healing for blood elves if they wanted. If nothing else the expansion showed just how powerful the map editor had become. No, high/blood elves have priests or they would not have made new priest modeles as blood elves.

Quote:Blood Elves have made a pact with a half-demon Night Elf - they're making deals with devils.  I doubt The Light™ would have much to do with them.
[right][snapback]107913[/snapback][/right]
I had a final edit in my post that I eventually left out but an open hole in warcraft lore is what "The Light™" is. Druids pull their power from the living world and nature, shamans similarly from elemental spirits. The magical energy elves have been tapping into has always been of demon origin. This is how they became "high elves" due to their banishment from night elf civilization. Later they tought humans about magic so humans tap into the same demonic powers the elves do. Dalaran was built on a node of this demonic/arcane power and just from the dalaran mages' use of it demons were able to enter the world and had to be hunted down. Human and elf magic are 1 in the same and both come from a demonic source.

Messages In This Thread
New Alliance Race Speculation thickens! - by lfd - 04-18-2006, 11:59 PM
New Alliance Race Speculation thickens! - by Sir_Die_alot - 04-21-2006, 06:07 AM