I feel guilty advertising my mod here
SwissMercenary,Mar 23 2006, 02:17 AM Wrote:Bah, it was 'fine' at 100%.

Well, it was listed under 'bugs' for a reason, and that reason was that it was somehow back at +300% in 1.16. ;) I blame the computer mice.

SwissMercenary,Mar 23 2006, 02:17 AM Wrote:Felt like enough of a difference.

Good. :)

SwissMercenary,Mar 23 2006, 02:17 AM Wrote:The problem is, I'm in Act 3, and haven't even *seen* a two socket body armour, let alone boots, and belts yet.

Boots and belts is understandable - they can only have 2 sockets at tier 2 and above. As for the armor, I blame bad luck.

SwissMercenary,Mar 23 2006, 02:17 AM Wrote:The countess dropped Ort for me, and I've been wanting to make Ort-Eld since, well, forever. You might want to look at that.

If there is really a bias towards low sockets, it's Blizzard's fault. There is an equal chance to get sockets vs no sockets, and if the item has sockets, all numbers of sockets are equally likely.

Also, hang on to that 3-socketed armor. It is only a short distance to Tal-El-Thul and its large +stats and magic find bonuses.

SwissMercenary,Mar 23 2006, 02:17 AM Wrote:Appreciated. After the patch, the rest of Act 2 - palace and onward was... Trivial would be a good word for it. At least now I can Retaliate with some constency

Remember, the players want trivial. If they can't plough through Normal with ease, they quit. I may have gone overboard in 1.16, but attack rating is slightly increased again in 1.18. It depends on the monster type, though.

SwissMercenary,Mar 23 2006, 02:17 AM Wrote:Well, yes, I understand the source of the problem - when you have crazy regen, you have no mana to leech back, really.

Death Coil is much more useful because you don't regenerate life. I may decrease mana regen in a future patch, though.

SwissMercenary,Mar 23 2006, 02:17 AM Wrote:I actually think that was a bit of an overnerf. The firewall only got bad if you, well, let the shaman stack 6 of them under you.

Too many players did let the shaman stack 6 of them, then threw a fit and stomped off.

SwissMercenary,Mar 23 2006, 02:17 AM Wrote:The AR boost was in my mind, a very good thing.

Warning, attack ratings in NM and Hell are still as high as ever. Act 1 NM could be quite a shock. ;)
Nothing is impossible if you believe in it enough.

Median 2008 mod for Diablo II
<span style="color:gray">New skills, new AIs, new items, new challenges...
06.dec.2006: Median 2008 1.44

Messages In This Thread
I feel guilty advertising my mod here - by Brother Laz - 03-23-2006, 11:33 AM