I feel guilty advertising my mod here
Brother Laz,Mar 22 2006, 02:35 PM Wrote:Meh. 1.16 was rushed a tad too much and has some bugs. 1.17 coming soon. :(
Yeah, um... so what are those areas?

Ah, let me think. Death curse, and those damned afflicted/tainted type nasties, I believe. Although I suppose that I just don't have enough practice fighting them. (Change to the Tree of Infuss boss greatly appreciated, though!)

I think that the 'normalisation' of damage may have a greater impact then I first thought. I think I need to run more characters through A1 Normal.

Quote:Cowards. ;)

'This day, some of us will be heroes. The rest will walk away on two legs.' :ph34r:

Quote:No, the -reqs was nerfed on the jewelwords with more jewels. ;)
Ah, so the simple jewelword is still pretty much the way to get decent gear early on. (Well, unless I'm missing something.)

Quote:(Edit: stat bonuses nerfed in 1.17, coming soon)

Oh. I thought it wouldn't last.

Quote:Which is the whole problem: it doesn't approach the overpoweredness of VI + RoI. ;)
[right][snapback]105115[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, but does anything? :unsure:

Really appreciate your work. The crap to signal ratio that you put up with on PHK is well, anything but disturbing. Idiots.

Edit: Come to think of it, invisible monsters caused maybe almost half my deaths, courtesy of their lovely immunity to Hex. Apparations, with their stun, are the worst - but I'm assuming that is completely intentional/unavoidable. The hex immunity, not the stun.

Also, what's the deal with the new 10 minute resistance potions? With that long a duration, you might as well give characters a permanent 50% resist to fire/coldghtning when they rescue Cain - the 225 gold price tag becomes a non-issue at that point. I understand the intent, but I'm not sure if this is the best way to do it. Maybe make them last 1 minute, rather then the 'fire and forget'?

Also, very nice 'teleport-on-hit' ability you gave to the Infidel type monsters. Made for a few exteremly hairy fights in the palace. I don't know what part of it was caused by your damage rebalancing and attack rating reduction did, but I know that I could not have surived that fight in 1.15. And I probably didn't deserve to, either. (Last Stand is a great attack, there.)

I had an idea in regards to the new Samhain and Mana Coil - is it possible to make a spell cost a % of your mana bar? If so, then slapping a significant price tag on Samhain (50%?), would make Mana Coil, well, more useful?
"One day, o-n-e day..."

Messages In This Thread
I feel guilty advertising my mod here - by SwissMercenary - 03-22-2006, 04:49 PM